Coen has entered the stage of exploding vocabulary…I thought I’d share some of the funny things he’s been saying recently…
- While driving in the car the other day he started to sing the ABCs…I thought I’d join in but when I did he said to me “Mom! That’s MY song! Get your own song!”
- When Coen wakes up from his nap I hear him call out “Mom!!! I’m in HERE!!” As if I’d misplaced him or something.
- In the last month Coen has used the phrase “That’s what I used to do when I was a little girl”. I’m not sure what he is referencing when he says that…I just keep replying, “Coen, you have always been a boy!”
- He started copying the parenting phrases that we use…the other day he said to me “Mom, I put that there for a reason.”
- “Crazyness!” is one of his favorite words.
- We have been working on getting Coen to calm down by himself during tantrums…and now throughout the whole tantrum he’ll say, “It’s HARD to calm down, Mommy, it’s HARD!”
- Coen loves to play pretend…the other day he was pretending to put me to bed and he said “have good dreams mommy, dream about ice-cream”
- If Coen wakes up at night because he hears something loud, he always blames Daddy. “Tell him to be more careful Mommy” he’ll say.
I love love love this stage. It is so much fun. I can’t wait until Coen’s Auntie Mandi comes to visit this Sunday so she can be a part of it all! He’s pretty excited about it too.