A couple of lovely moments from today…
- Sending out a homemade loaf of french bread to some friends who just had their first baby (to go along with some store-bought tomato bisque soup, hey cut a girl some slack, I have a new baby, too!).
- Almost finishing up a little floor quilt for my Cousin’s yet-to-be-born little girl, and getting to use some of the insane amount of girly, but NOT pink, fabric I’ve been hording.
- Coen’s hugginnes…he’s becoming quite a little hugger lately. I think I can count at least 5 really great hugs he gave me today…now I don’t have to mug them from him all the time!
- Eating my favorite Vince’s pesto pizza with my men-folk.
- Exchanging “are you sure we shouldn’t hold on to these….?” taunts and teases with my hubby when sending along Blake’s outgrown newborn sized clothes with the above mentioned bread and soup.
- Watching my husband play Yahtzee in the kitchen with Coen, while simultaneously putting away dishes, AND with Blake strapped to his chest.
- Blake smiling up at me when he hears my voice…in his little “I can only figure out how to make one side of my mouth work at a time” way.
- Realizing that one of the benefits of rocking my children to sleep every night is having the quiet moment to reflect on how lucky I am to be able to love them both so completely.